Terms and Conditions
A booking with Mounts Bay Cottages (herinafter referred to as MBC) confers upon the hirer, the right to occupy the property only for a holiday within the meaning of Paragraph 9 of schedule 1 of the Housing Act 1988, or any act that supersedes it.
- All contracts of hire shall be between the MBC and the hirer
- All bookings are subject to the following conditions and will not be considered an effective contract until such time as written confirmation has been dispatched by MBC
- All bookings must be completed on the official MBC booking form and must be accompanied by the appropriate deposit.
If a booking is made eight weeks before the start of the holiday, it must be accompanied by a deposit of 25% of the rent. If a booking is made less than eight weeks before the start of the holiday, it must be accompanied by the rental payment in full together with any other additional charges.
A refundable deposit of £20 is charged for a door key to the cottages. Keys will be dispatched to clients by MBC in advance of the let. Clients must return keys by post at the conclusion of their let at which time their deposit will be refunded.
4. FINAL PAYMENT
Once a booking has been confirmed by MBC, the full cost of the accommodation will become payable not less than eight weeks before commencement of the holiday, the date of which will appear on your Confirmation of Booking. Failure to do so will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
5. TO CHANGE A BOOKING
Once a booking has been accepted by MBC, the holiday cannot be changed to another property without treating the original as a cancellation. (This is providing that the new property is available and that MBC are in agreement)
By booking through us you enter into a contract to pay for the period of accommodation that you have reserved. In the event of you being unable to occupy the property you should inform us immediately. Our cancellation terms offer a full refund of any money you have paid or are under contract to pay as long as the reasons for you cancelling are covered by our cancellation refund promise (see condition 9). Please note that these terms do not cover you against deciding that you do not want to go on holiday, or cannot afford it, or divorce, or are moving house, or cancellation because of an illness from which you knew you were suffering when you made the booking.
9. CANCELLATION TERMS
For the purposes of this clause 9, the following words have the following meanings:
"you/your" means the person to whom the Mounts Bay Cottages booking confirmation is addressed and each person named on that booking confirmation;
"relative" means any person closely connected to you by blood or marriage and includes a partner with whom you are living at the same address.
Subject to the conditions set out in 9.3 we will reimburse you in respect of all monies paid or contracted to be paid for the property you have booked provided the booking must be cancelled as a direct consequence of any of the following events occurring between the date on your holiday confirmation and 10 am on the last day of your holiday. The event must necessarily and unavoidably prevent you from fulfilling your booking:
- Death, serious personal injury, serious sickness, hijacking or kidnap of you, a relative, or any person with whom you intend to travel.
- Jury service or witness summons of you or any person with whom you intend to travel
- your home being made uninhabitable within 14 days of your holiday start date.
- you being made redundant (provided that such redundancy qualifies for payment under the United Kingdom's Redundancy Payments Acts).
- The Police requesting your presence following a burglary at your home.
- Cancellation of normal transport services due to riot or civil disorder.
- If you are a member of the armed forces or emergency services, the cancellation of previously agreed leave.
- Government restrictions which prevent access to the property.
Claims related to pregnancies known about at the time of booking are excluded. If a pregnancy is confirmed after booking your holiday we will cancel the booking as long as the reason for cancelling is included in the events above.
We will not reimburse cancellations due to a disinclination to travel.
The following conditions apply to cancellations and if they are breached by you we shall be entitled to refuse your request to cancel:
At the time of booking, you must disclose all facts likely to have a bearing on our assessment of your risk of cancellation, such as your state of health at the time the booking was made, or that of any relative in respect of whose state of health cancellation was made. If you are in doubt as to whether a fact is likely to have a bearing then you should disclose such facts;
you must not make any fraudulent or misleading statement prior to or whilst arranging your booking;
you or any member of your party must not have booked or started the holiday contrary to medical advice or after a terminal prognosis has been made or if any circumstances known to you at the time you booked your holiday could reasonably have been expected to give rise to cancellation or curtailment of the holiday;
certificates, information and evidence to support a cancellation shall be provided by you at your expense. You shall, if necessary, submit to medical examination at our expense;
reasons for cancellation must be given in writing and where relevant a medical certificate provided. In the event of curtailment, reasons must be given for curtailment supported by a medical certificate, if due to medical reasons, confirming that curtailment of the holiday was necessary.
If you cancel the holiday pursuant to this clause 9 we shall not be liable to you in respect of:
any consequential or indirect loss whatsoever; and
any costs, monies or claim recoverable under any other insurance policy you may have taken out.
As a condition of booking, properties will not be let to groups of single sex parties under the age of 25.
11. OPTIONAL EXTRAS
All MBC properties are fully inclusive of linen to include duvet covers, bottom sheets, and pillowcases unless otherwise stated. In addition, all utilities are included such as electricity, gas and all forms of heating (unless otherwise stated). The only optional extras will be for pets.
West Cornwall is the ideal place to bring a pet and we try to encourage as many owners as possible to accept them however, it is worth noting that during the summer season, a large majority of the accessible beaches do not accept dogs. A £20 fee per dog, per week is payable and whilst we do not wish to appear negative towards pets, the following conditions apply.
- No more than two dogs are allowed in any one property
- Suitable bedding must be provided
- All pets must be pest free before entering a property
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or beds
- Pets must be not be left alone in the property or the garden
- Owners must ensure that pets do not foul gardens
- Owners must ensure that they remove as much pet hair as possible from the property on the day of departure, failure to do so will incur additional cleaning costs
13. WEBSITE DESCRIPTION
All properties detailed on the MBC Web Site have been inspected by MBC and every effort has been made to ensure that the particulars are as fair and accurate as possible. However MBC cannot be held responsible for any actions of the owner or previous hirers which may have rendered the said details inaccurate.
14. NON-AVAILABLITY OF PROPERTY
In the event that a property becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of either MBC or the owner of the property, the liability of MBC shall be limited to the offer of alternative accommodation or a full refund of all monies paid. No liability will lie with MBC thereafter.
15. INJURY/LOSS ETC
MBC or the owner of the property cannot be held responsible for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience suffered by the hirer or any other person connected with the letting, or to personal belongings whilst in the property or the grounds of the property.
MBC will not be liable for any act, neglect or default its principals and authorised agents or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental unless MBC are responsible. In addition, the Owners and MBC accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners' property or land.
Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Mounts Bay Cottages:
- for death or personal injury caused by Mounts Bay Cottages negligence;
- for any matter which it would be illegal for Mounts Bay Cottages to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
17. ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
All bookings commence at 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated. Early access and extended departure will not be granted without written approval of MBC. The hirer will be liable for any additional costs if this condition is not adhered to.
18. OBLIGATIONS OF THE HIRER
- Not to exceed the number of persons indicated for the property or on the booking form.
- To ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that all utensils, equipment etc to be cleaned and that all furniture is returned to its original location.
- To grant access to the owner, MBC or any other person as directed by the aforementioned to the property for whatever reason (this would only be in exceptional circumstances such as emergency repair etc)
- To behave in a manner so as not to offend or cause a nuisance to occupants of adjoining properties